HAHAHAHA

Sunday, November 10, 2013

♥ Review: Nichido Pencils and Etude House Eyebrow Pencil (My Go-To Cosmetic Pencils) ♥

Hi everyone!

Let me just share to you what lip,eye,and eyebrow pencil I like to bring with me wherever I go. :)
I have Nichido Lip pencil in Rosette, Nichido  Kohl Eye Liner in Onyx and Etude House Eyebrow Pencil in # 2.
I think I'm not really a fan of this brands but I can say that there are some of their products that are worth buying. Ofcourse I say that after personally trying the products. :)

You can find Nichido Cosmetics almost in every mall you go. This drugstore brand has amazing products but there are still some that doesn't work for me. My advise is to try the products first, there are testers for every product so can swatch it before buying. You don't want to waste your money on products that you don't want and will not use. I love their eye shadows and pencils :) I bought the pencils in Rose Pharmacy, G/F Festival Mall, Alabang, since I cant find the shade of Rosette lip liner in Watson :)



Top: Nichido Lip Liner in Rosette; Bottom: Nichido Kohl EyeLiner in Onyx 



Top: Nichido Kohl EyeLiner in Onyx ; Bottom: Nichido Lip Liner in Rosette






Nichido Kohl Eye Pencil in Onyx


Nichido Lip Pencil in Rosette
Size: 0.04 oz (1.14 g)

What I like about this lip pencil?
- soft and smooth to apply
- color is rose (pinkish taupe) almost in the middle of pink and brown - good to line lips because will blend with your lipstick
- available almost on all malls nationwide
- price is SO affordable, bought this for only Php 100 ^^ not bad at all


What I don't like about this lip pencil?
- does not last long



Nichido Kohl Eye Pencil in Onyx 
Size: 0.04 oz (1.14 g) 

Kohl pencils are better used in waterlines of the eyes. It has soft texture and more oily than a regular eyeliner. This one is definitely smudge-proof, but there are some cosmetic brands that offer waterproof kohl pencils. Best to use if you are going for a Smokey Eye-look. :) 


What I like about this eye pencil?
- soft and creamy
- glides easily on waterlines, no need to double the application, one swipe goes a long way 
- has GOOD color payoff :) 
- available almost on all malls nationwide
- price is SO affordable, bought this for only Php 138 


What I don't like about this lip pencil?
- if you have oily lids like mine, it will definitely smudge :) My solution is to top this up with black eye shadow, any black eye shadow will do. 


I also have Etude House Drawing Pencil in Number 2. One of my favorite pencils in Etude :) There are 4 shades available but I only usually see #1(dark brown) and #2(brown) shades in Etude stores. The other two are #3 (black)  and #4(dark grey). I have no idea why the other 2 shades are not available hehe. 





I find this pencil so useful especially for 'retouch' throughout the day. For me, this so easy to use and I love how it define and turn my eyebrows in dark brown. The packaging is CUTE ♥. When you open the cover you will find the pencil side and the other side is an eyebrow brush. The color is brown to dark brown. I usually use it just to line my eyebrows to the shape that I wanted. I cant say it last long than 8 hrs because I usually top it with eyebrow cake powder (my fav is NYX eyebrow cake powder in Taupe and Ash) which adds staying power, using it alone I think it will last only within 6 hrs especially when you have combination to oily skin type like mine :) But no worries loves, there are always solutions to every problem, you can either top it up with eyebrow powder or put pressed powder to your eyebrows first before lining it. It will make the color stay longer.


Swatch: From left (Etude Easy Eyebrow pencil #2, Nichido Lip Liner in Rosette, Nichido Eye Pencil in Onyx) Photo under direct lighting


Swatch: From left (Etude Easy Eyebrow pencil #2, Nichido Lip Liner in Rosette, Nichido Eye Pencil in Onyx) Photo under shadow 

Rose Pharmacy has a branch in Festival Mall, Alabang. 

Etude House Store in Festival Mall: 

You can get NYX eyebrow cake powder here: https://www.facebook.com/Shop.at.Thirteenth.Collection

Thanks for reading. Hope this helps. ♥

♥Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment